This deal is expired!
The deal below has expired, but no worries. You can still check out available coupons and "follow" the store to receive alerts for future offers.
Expires: 04/07/13See It!
About this Deal
|Philip Carter Winery|
4366 Stillhouse Rd.
Hume, Virginia 22639
• For $34, take a tour and savor a picnic at the family-owned Philip Carter Winery in Hume
• Philip Carter's 2010 Cleve won gold at the 2013 Virginia Governor's Cup Competition
• Includes wine education, souvenir glasses for 2 and keepsake corkscrew
• The 2011 Gov. Fauquier won Virginia Wine Lover magazine's Readers' Choice award for best white wine
• TripAdvisor users rate the winery 4 stars
The Fine Print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 1, through Jan. 31, 2014. Online reservations are required and subject to availability. Not valid on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Vineyard hours are weather dependent. See below for full terms and conditions.
Subscribers can escape the city for an afternoon in Virginia's wine country with this Local Deal from Philip Carter Winery in Hume, less than 60 miles from downtown Washington, D.C. For $34, regularly $85, two can enjoy a winery tour and picnic lunch at the family-owned vineyard that earned numerous awards from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and most recently took gold at the 2013 Virginia Governor's Cup Competition.
Use this deal Thursday-Monday for a winery visit that includes:
• Guided vineyard and winery tour, which covers the history of Carter family wines that date back to 1762
• Wine education and appreciation class in the King Carter Suite, with focus on the fermentation process and wine terms
• Two keepsake Philip Carter Winery tasting glasses with complimentary wine tasting, incorporating both reds and whites like 2011 Chardonnay, 2012 Gov. Fauquier, 2011 Cabernet Franc, and 2010 Cleve, which won a gold medal at the 2013 Virginia Governor's Cup
• Charcuterie and cheese picnic basket with blanket to dine on the grounds, which includes Virginia cheeses, cured meats, Virginia chutney and chocolates (basket and blanket must be returned at end of visit)
• Souvenir corkscrew to take home
Guests will also receive a 10% discount on any purchase of a bottle of wine to take home.
Terms and Conditions
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 1, through Jan. 31, 2014. Online reservations are required and subject to availability. Not valid on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Vineyard hours are weather dependent. Due to ABC regulations, deal sites can no longer sell wine tastings in Virginia. Tasting and wine purchase discount are complimentary and provided by Philip Carter Winery on-site. They are not included in the value of this deal. Any alcoholic beverages, if consumed, are not specifically discounted as part of this offering. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. This deal cannot be combined with any other offers. Must be used in 1 visit.