|Southwest has just announced what is by far its best offer to date! The airline is offering their Companion Pass + 30,000 bonus points for free for just opening a new Southwest credit card and spending $4,000 on purchases within the first three months! |
For those who don't know, the Companion Pass allows you to choose one person to fly with you for free throughout 2019 when you purchase or redeem points for a flight. You still have to pay taxes and fees, but those start at only $5.60 one-way and will never exceed $30.
Note: Normally to get the Companion Pass you must earn 110,000 points within one calendar year, so getting it for free is a savings of over a few thousand dollars!
Take a look at the three credit card options available:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus
- Earns 2x points per dollar on Southwest purchases
- 1 point per dollar for all other purchases
- 3,000 bonus points each year on card membership anniversary
- $69 annual fee (cannot waived for the first year)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier
- 6,000 anniversary points each year
- Ability to earn tier-qualifying points, which count toward "A-list Status"
- Earn 1,500 tier points each time you spend $10,000 within a calendar year
- No foreign-transaction fees
- $99 annual fee
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority
- Offers at least $150 in value each year (essentially cancelling out the annual fee of $149)
- Offers 7,500 bonus anniversary points each year
- Annual $75 Southwest travel credit
- Earn up to four Upgraded Boarding certificates per year
- Receive 20% back on in-flight purchases and ability to earn tier-qualifying points
Hurry because this offer ends soon! Find out more here.