First time in a long time.
Does this happen all the time?
As you know, generally speaking, we promote an existing deal over new deal & do our best to support the first MM's post/update. However, there are some exceptions.
Let me check this deal and then get back to you.
- Your deal was created on 7/6
- On 9/7, a different MM (kushashi) submitted the same deal (same url), but no indication of our system recognizing as this deal as dup (this happens from time to time & I believe you are aware of it) nor any report from other MMs > if it was recognized, we would've asked to update your deal and split the earnings.
- On 9/9, you recognized that this is a dup > However, since it was fronted, the lead admin asked you to make a small edit & approved you for the payment.
- Since the second deal is getting more attention / earning more money, we've decided to keep the second deal & bury the OP.
With the given conditions, I believe it was the best decision for both involved MMs.
Apologize for the inconvenience & let me know if you have any other suggestion.
Reminder: as we've discussed before, online stores are using various urls for the same sale/promotion for marketing & other data collecting purpose. We are updating the system, but may not be able to recognize/catch every dup deals.
Admin buried my deal after I pointed out the dup deal. And I have to send 5 msg to convince my deal is not a duplicate and finally told me to update the deal for credit. There is a rule if the deal is not front paged b4 MM can only comment or put reminders but not credit allowed. This deal was not front paged and I updated deal 19 days b4. Mods decide when to promote so MM have no I idea how and when to update next.
The reference I have available regarding this issue is the following:
- A live deal was edited on 9/9 at 10am then Fronted soon after. (I already explained)
- You updated your deal on 9/9 at 2:30pm + I see a lot of your comments around the same time.
- I see the record on your conversation with the lead admin(s) on 9/9 at 3:15pm
If I'm missing something critical related to this particular issue, please let me know.
As offered before, if you have any issues, please bring it up to my attention. I will investigate first and then fix/adjust, if not done right.
Before 9/9 update I updated this deal 3 times. But I did not remember specific dates. But before 9/9 update it shows updated 19 days ago. Admin did not reply or commented to the issue so I just click update on 9/9. But the first comment before the last update.
Unfortunately, I don't have the record of your previous updates.
However, if these updates were made recently, admins would've approved your edit & update the deal (since it has been more than 30 days). Assuming you've made a small edit, not exactly sure why admins they didn't do anything. As of now, status of your deal is showing "Updated 20 hrs ago" because of your edit was approved. (then buried).
To prevent issues like this, please make a comment whenever you update an existing deal: be sure to make a small change like description detail, title, price and etc. + add a simple comment like "still availabel" - for tracking purpose. An extra effort, but it should be easy & will help admin to make correct decisions if/when there is a dispute.
I understand what you saying. As a solution for this you come up with a rule if the deal is not front paged before just updated or duplicates won't get credit. The reason MM can't decide when Mods promote deal. It on Mods hand. One month rule you applied for front paged deals not for deals never been to front page.
You keep saying the deal was not fronted, but it was, and that's the end of it.
12 days ago
Feb 15, 2018
Apr 09, 2022
Mar 26, 2022
Mar 22, 2022
Mar 02, 2022
Jan 19, 2018
Jul 26, 2018
Nov 27, 2021