They are starting to scare me with headlines like this "East Coast braces for monster 'Frankenstorm'" Batten down the hatches east coast and stay safe!
poe601 (rep: 333k) posted Oct 26, 2012
I am supposed to be hit by Sandy on Monday Or Tuesday. Need to get in some stock up shopping today. I just hope it doesn't ruin Halloween for the kids. It won't be easy to explain to a 3 and 4 year old.
kimeeb (rep: 136k) posted Oct 27, 2012
Yes, let's hope Halloween is clear and there isn't much cleanup to be done!
tpark6283 (rep: 12.6k) posted Oct 27, 2012
Hope you evacuated MrBklynW! Stay safe all in Sandy's path! I am getting so scared!!! Here is the latest warning issued by the National Weather Service:
SANDY IS EXPECTED TO SLAM INTO THE NEW JERSEY COAST LATER MONDAY NIGHT, BRINGING VERY HEAVY RAIN AND DAMAGING WINDS TO THE REGION. THE STORM IS A LARGE ONE, THEREFORE DO NOT FOCUS ON THE EXACT CENTER OF THE STORM AS ALL AREAS WILL HAVE SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS. SOME IMPORTANT NOTES...
1. IF YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO EVACUATE A COASTAL LOCATION BY STATE AND LOCAL OFFICIALS, PLEASE DO SO.
2. IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT TO EVACUATE, AND YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO RODE OUT THE '62 STORM ON THE BARRIER ISLANDS, ASK THEM IF THEY COULD DO IT AGAIN.
3. IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT, THINK ABOUT YOUR LOVED ONES, THINK ABOUT THE EMERGENCY RESPONDERS WHO WILL BE UNABLE TO REACH YOU WHEN YOU MAKE THE PANICKED PHONE CALL TO BE RESCUED, THINK ABOUT THE RESCUE/RECOVERY TEAMS WHO WILL RESCUE YOU IF YOU ARE INJURED OR RECOVER YOUR REMAINS IF YOU DO NOT SURVIVE.
4. SANDY IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS STORM. THERE WILL BE MAJOR PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURIES ARE PROBABLY UNAVOIDABLE, BUT THE GOAL IS ZERO FATALITIES.
5. IF YOU THINK THE STORM IS OVER-HYPED AND EXAGGERATED, PLEASE ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION.
WE WISH EVERYONE IN HARMS WAY ALL THE BEST. STAY SAFE!
poe601 (rep: 333k) posted Oct 28, 2012
yup, we got ready and left the night, the evacuation was announced. I was not going to take the risk and try to ride it out. When i left, about half my neighbors stayed, thinking it would be nothing, just heard the waters are currently around 5-6' and getting worst. the local hospital somehow got caught on fire. its starting to get a little crazy here. i am just right outside of the evacuation zone, i hope doesn't get to the point of hitting over here.
MrBklynW (rep: 426k) posted Oct 29, 2012
22 days ago
8 days ago
22 days ago
27 days ago
22 days ago
30 days ago
Jan 24, 2017
Jan 21, 2017
Jan 20, 2017
Nov 23, 2016