While driving last week and I passed by this Art Store I used to frequent. There were 4 empty stores next to it. I actually freaked because I never thought I'd see empty stores like that. I don't even remember what kind of stores they were.
ToysRUs is struggling against Walmart, but they have new management and are trying their best to hang in there.
Oh, I thought CC was completely shutting down. I've been seeing lots of their stores closing down. So they're still in business?
From what my sis told me, GAP is still staying in business but Old Navy and BR have plans of eventually shutting down. Anybody know about this?
Here's the list I have:
1. Circuit City stores... closing all stores
2. Macys to close 9 stores after January
3. Ann Taylor- 117 stores nationwide are to be shuttered
4. Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Catherine's to close 150 store nationwide
5. Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January
6. Cache will close all stores
7. Talbots closing down all stores
8. J. Jill closing all stores
9. GAP closing 85 stores
10. Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after January
11. Wickes Furniture closing down
12. Levitz closing down remaining stores
13. Bombay closing remaining stores
14. Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January
15. Whitehall closing all stores
16. Piercing Pagoda closing all stores
17. Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January
18. Home Depot closing 15 stores
19. Linens and Things closing all stores
20. Movie Galley Closing all stores
21. Pacific Sunware closing stores
22. Pep Boys Closing 33 stores
23. Sprint/ Nextel closing 133 stores
24. JC Penney closing a number of stores after January
25. Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores
26. Wilson Leather closing down all stores
27. Sharper Image closing down all stores
28. K B Toys closing 356 stores
29. Lowes to close down some stores
30. Dillard's to close some stores
kazsual1 (rep: 7) posted Nov 30, 2008
Woah! Kazsual1, where did you find that list?! That's depressing. Some of those stores I had no idea about, especially those ones you see all the time at almost every Westfield's. Bombay, I'm not surprised. Their stuff was really pricey! Nice, but pricey!
"We deeply regret the impact today's announcement will have on our associates, our guests and the communities where these stores are located. We truly are grateful to each of our associates for their many contributions to the company. We are also grateful for the loyalty and support we have received from our guests in the impacted communities. Circuit City will continue to serve guests through 566 stores in 153 U.S. media markets, via its Web site at www.circuitcity.com and via phone at 1-800-THE-CITY (1-800-843-2489)," concluded Marcum.
masquer08er (rep: 103) posted Dec 01, 2008
Ok, I read that KFC is closing a lot of their stores, but not completely shutting down. I think this has a lot to do with that whole chicken abuse thing. I have to admit, I didn't eat KFC for awhile after seeing the footage. I mean, I'm not silly enough to believe that it's only KFC that's abusing chickens, but I just couldn't stop associating it with the videos I saw and got grossed out. Whatever, I like El Pollo Loco and Popeye's better anyway!
Linens and Things
K B Toys
Steve And Barry's
these are some of the ones closed near me, but there's also a lot of smaller stores closing down as well...it is sad that all these places are shutting down :(
MonsterSquad (rep: 3) posted Jun 12, 2009
4 days ago
9 days ago
16 days ago
Sep 19, 2016
Jun 25, 2016
27 days ago
Sep 18, 2016
Sep 15, 2016
Sep 03, 2016