Need some extra cash for Black Friday? The retailers below are now hiring for the 2019 holiday season!
Target is currently in the process of hiring over 130,000 temporary employees --that's up from 120,000 last year. Around 125,000 of those positions are working in-store, while 8,000 are for their fulfillment and distribution centers.
Last year, over 40% of seasonal workers went on to remain at the company post-holidays. Furthermore, in keeping up with stiff competition, Target is offering a minimum starting wage of $13 per hour!
- Perks: Target is planning a $2 million "team member appreciation program" in which they will give away a $250 gift card to two hourly employees from each location (1,800 stores in total). Team members can also enjoy store discounts and more.
Ready to apply? Start your Target career here.
Kohl's actually began their seasonal hiring process back during summer with the aim of staffing 90,000 associates. There are still positions open at more than 1,000 stores and distribution centers.
- Perks: Employees can enjoy a 15% associate discount on top of other savings.
Ready to apply? Start your Kohl's career here.
Across their retail locations, call centers, and distribution centers, Macy's plans on hiring around 80,000 seasonal workers this year. You still have time to apply as the retailer is planing on-site interviews on October 24 from 11am to 7pm.
Macy's is quick to emphasize that their seasonal positions aren't necessarily temporary. Nearly one third of their store managers started as seasonal employees. Furthermore, over 8,000 seasonal employees also stayed with the company after last year's holiday season.
- Perks: Workers receive a competitive hourly rate, as well as a quarterly "Path to Growth Incentive". In addition, employees can enjoy a 20% merchandise discount.
Read to apply? Start your Macy's career here.
While Old Navy will soon branch off from the Gap Inc. family, they're at least sticking together this holiday season. Across their seven stores, Gap Inc. plans on hiring a total of 30,000 seasonal associates. That number is down from last year's 65,000 employees.
While Gap Inc. held a hiring event back on October 5, there are still open positions available at Gap, Gap Outlet, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Banana Republic Factory, Athleta, and Janie and Jack.
- Perks: Seasonal workers can enjoy a 50% off employee discount at Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy; a 30% off discount at Outlet and Factory stores; and 25% off at Athleta.
Ready to apply? Start your Gap Inc. career here.
Between Dollar Tree and Family Dollar, the company plans on hiring more than 25,000 seasonal workers this year. Roles include full-time and part-time positions for cashiers, stocking associates, and managers.
The company has touted their success for advancing associates in their recruiting pitch. Around 35,000 associates have been promoted into new positions in the past year alone.
- Perks: Full-time employees can get full medical and dental benefits, as well as paid time off and flexible schedules.
Ready to apply? Start your Dollar Tree career here.
The sporting goods retailer is looking to fill around 8,000 jobs during their National Signing Day on October 16. Applicants will be interviewed onsite on that day at their local Dick's outpost.
- Perks: Employees can enjoy a 25% off discount on apparel and 10% on everything else.
Ready to apply? Start your Dick's Sporting Goods career here.
Party City is currently hiring 25,000 temporary employees to staff their 275 Halloween City pop-up stores. The company expects to retain 10% of those employees post-season.
- Perks: Employees can enjoy a 30% off discount.
Ready to apply? Start your Party City career here.
The arts and crafts supplier announced that they will hire about 15,000 seasonal positions this year. Last year, about 40% of their temporary hires stayed on for a regular role after the holidays.
- Perks: Employees will receive competitive wages and a 30% off discount.
Ready to apply? Start your Michael's career here.