June 02, 2017
· 1.6k Views
The first month of summer means great deals on seasonal goods that are sure to get you in the spirit of summer. This June, get indulge in goods for outdoor festivities, delicious produce, and a fun time with dad. Check out our guide to see the best things to buy in June and what to avoid!
- Lingerie: One retailer comes to mind when it comes to lingerie in June, and that's Victoria's Secret. They are known to hold their beloved Semi-Annual Sale in June and December, so get ready to stock up on lingerie at least until December.
- Father's Day Deals: The closer you get to Father's Day (June 18th), the better deals you will find for amazing gifts for dad. We're actually talking about the plethora of restaurants that will be offering a free or discounted meal to dads for the days leading up to Father's Day. Check out our $250 Adidas Golf Giveaway for Father's Day!
- Fresh Produce: Visit your local farmer's market this month to relish in the abundance of fresh summer produce. Supermarkets will likely also be offering great deals on produce, such as more than 50% off strawberries and blueberries.
- Gym Memberships: Now that the weather is warming up, people are choosing to take their fitness regimes outside. On the upside, however, for those who want to avoid the heat, pick up a gym membership. Summer is a slow time for gyms with vacations and the like, so prices are more reasonable and you could even consider negotiating your membership cost.
- Gardening Goods: Now that gardening season is over, you'll find that stores are slashing prices on gardening supplies. Think sprinklers, hose nozzles, and more that can easily be stored away in the garage for when your current products give way or next spring.
- Outdoor Gear: Typically, seasonal goods don't go on sale until the end of the season, but this year, we're surprised to see some pretty notable deals for outdoor goods such as fishing and camping. Keep your eyes peeled for savings.
Bonus! Today, June 2nd, is National Doughnut Day and Krispy Kreme is celebrating by offering any free donut of your choice. No coupon is required, and this promotion is valid at all U.S. and Canada locations. Dunkin' Donuts is also a free classic donut with any beverage purchase. Enjoy!
What Not to Buy
Bathing Suits and Summer Apparel: Although you're probably most in need of swimwear and summer apparel this month, it is best to wait until the end of summer to get the best deals. End of season sales are your best bet for seasonal apparel.
Televisions: If you can, hold off until Black Friday to snag a new television. Summer months are not the best time to purchase a new entertainment set.
Grills: Yes, continue to hold off on a grill. We know this weather makes it incredibly tempting to whip out a grill and have a backyard feast, but the best deals on grills will go live in September around Labor Day. It will still be great grilling weather then!