August 21, 2016
· 2.1k Views
We love a good cookbook, especially ones with artistic photos of dishes like herb roasted chicken and cider glazed carrot quinoa salad, and deserts such as blueberry peach cobbler and peanut butter pie with chocolate drizzle. But they can take up a lot of space, and there’s the worry of tarnishing their beautiful pages with egg and flour. Your time in the kitchen will be stress free with the help of cooking apps available for iOS and Android. They offer just about every recipe imaginable with ingredient lists, step-by-step instructions, and helpful tips. Here are 10 cooking and recipe apps guaranteed to deliver culinary success whether you are a kitchen newbie or a seasoned chef.
Get all your ingredients ready by shopping at Safeway, Trader Joe's, Vons, and Costco, and don't forget to visit their coupon pages for savings!
Sidechef. Sidechef is the ideal app if you are just learning your way around the kitchen. Accessible and easy, Sidechef offers step-by-step photos and instructions for every recipe. The voice commands and integrated timers features mean that you can cook without having to pick up and scroll on your phone. You can also follow your favorite food bloggers and chefs and stay updated when they add new recipes to their collection.
Source: Revere Magazine
- Gojee. Experiencing creative block in the kitchen? Look no further than Gojee. All you have to do is enter the ingredients you have on hand and this useful app will recommend a delicious recipe from its curated collection of recipes made by the world’s top food writers.
Source: iPad Quality Index
- Escoffier Cook’s Companion. This app was designed with the culinary nerd in mind. Escoffier Cook's Companion gives users access to a glossary of culinary terms, pictures describing how to identify and prepare hundreds of ingredients, a built in measurement convertor, and tips on how to use, clean, and store expensive kitchen equipment.
Source: Apps Hopper
- Yummly. Save yourself the time and energy it takes to find that perfect recipe for dinner with Yummly. Just input your dietary restrictions and tastes and Yummly suggests recipes you may like to try out. Additional cool features include the ability to save favorite recipes, create a shopping list, and even order Yummly shopping lists for delivery through Instacart.
- Food Network in the Kitchen. Are you a Food Network junkie? If so, you are going to love the Food Network in the Kitchen. This app lets you channel your favorite chefs and their recipes. Special features include access to thousands of recipes with new ones added each month, and videos and photos from top chefs. Search by chef or ingredients to find the perfect recipe.
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner. At-home chefs love Allrecipes not only for it’s extensive collection of recipes, but also for the sense of community it provides for members. With the Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app, you can access every recipe, photo, and video at home or while shopping in the grocery store. Budget cooks love this app because it shows which ingredients are on sale and which recipes are cheapest to make on a particular day.
Source: My Tech News
- Cookpad. Cookpad is the ultimate recipe sharing app. You simply upload a recipe with photo and users can like and comment. It’s easy to search for recipes you like and save them for later. The Cookpad community is global, so you can make and enjoy recipes from around the world.
- Epicurious. Get expert curated recipes from Gourmet and Bon Appetit straight to your phone. With the Epicurious app, you can store your favorite recipes across all your devices using the recipe box and shopping list features, find out which vegetables are fresh and in-season based on your location, and go hands-free in the kitchen by using the voice control feature.
Source: iDownload Blog
- Green Kitchen. The Green Kitchen app is perfect for vegetarian cooks who want to use natural ingredients that are mostly gluten and dairy free. Users get access to detailed and easy-to-follow recipes that can be saved for quick reference. The photos are so stunning that even hardcore meat eaters will be licking their chops.
- Kitchen Stories. Born from the idea that “anyone can cook,” the Kitchen Stories app aims to bring unique cooking experiences back to your kitchen. Users have access to delicious recipes, step-by-step instructions with photos, recipe videos, and helpful how-to videos. You can also make shopping lists, create a collection of favorite recipes, and covert measurements. You’ll be inspired to make your own kitchen stories thanks to the app’s beautiful design and passionate content.
Source: Seven Days