August 25, 2016
· 1.5k Views
Solo traveling is a huge hit right now! Especially solo traveling among women. Although exploring the world in solitude is a great way to take a break from reality, find inner peace, and increase confidence, doing this as a woman can be a bit intimidating - and rightfully so! The world is a scary place at times - some locations definitely more scary than others. But with the right knowledge and the proper preparation, there are plenty of travel destinations that are perfectly suitable for solo female travelers looking to explore the world while feeling completely safe and secure on their own!
To ensure that you're always getting the best travel deals, subscribe to our emails for Southwest, American Airlines, and Virgin America to get the latest updates on their airfare sales. You can also check out Priceline, Expedia, and Travelocity for your overall trip.
- Bali, Indonesia. Looking to get away from it all? Bali is one of the most ideal places for a girl to let her hair down and relax, free from distraction. It’s no secret that Bali is full of majestic landscapes and picture-perfect views, but the real unspoken attraction is the people of Bali. They make even the most distant traveler feel welcome! The tranquil setting is perfect for an early morning yoga session, or an exhilarating backpacking hike up the hills. If it’s too hot for a hike, consider surfing! You can hang out with the locals or take a guided tour. Whatever your fancy, Bali is a great escape where you’ll surely want to brag to your friends when you return home, and start planning your return trip right away.
- Mooréa, Tahiti. This blissful destination is an uncommon one, but should be on any woman’s bucket list for relaxation locations. This French Polynesian island has a domestic population of just 16,000 people - and that’s counting the tourists! It’s so small that you can rent a bike and travel the entire space of Mooréa in just one day! The low number of people translates into increased privacy and even tighter security, so you can breathe that deep sigh of relief now. You can snorkel in the sparkling ocean, hike the huge Mount Rotui, explore the rainforest near Ōpūnohu Bay, or go parasailing or swimming with the dolphins at Mooréa Dolphin Center - all while knowing you’re safe and secure on your own!
See also: 10 Ways to Hack Cheap International Flights
- Nashville, Tennessee. When I think Nashville, I think country music… and of course the hit show Nashville. From the Johnny Cash Museum to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville is filled with fun, entertaining, and even historical things to do. Nashville was recently rated one of the friendliest cities in America and it’s not hard to see why, as the locals welcome the tourists with open arms and tons of hot fried chicken! Don’t be afraid to go out on the town to see all of the amazing sights. There’s even a free shuttle that travels all over downtown to help you get around.
- Scandinavia. Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland have some of the lowest crime rates in the world, making them quite a bit safer than many other countries for women traveling solo. It’s really not hard to see why their crime rates are lower, with their progressive gender-equality policies and legalized use of marijuana. Scandinavia is one of, if not THE, premier places to view the aurora borealis (Northern Lights). Don’t forget to bring some extra batteries for the camera, because you’ll definitely be spending a ton of time shooting the fantastic scenery on this international voyage of a lifetime!
- Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen is located on the coast of Denmark and is renowned as one of the safest cities in Europe. With surprisingly low crime rates, it’s a fun-loving place to visit and not worry about your experience becoming one of those teen slasher films. The Danish call their culture Hygge, which actually means welcoming and loving hospitality. What woman doesn’t love the sound of that?! The nearly 18-hour long span of daylight during the summer, paired with the incredibly welcoming weather, makes for some seriously ideal summer trips.
See also: Now Is the Time to Book a Cheap Flight to Europe & How You Can Do It
- Santiago, Chile. Santiago, Chile is another destination that is famous for its low crime rate, making it a perfect travel destination for a solo female adventurer. Although there are tons of street vendors here, there is no overcrowding, making the street walkability very high and enjoyable. If you’d rather not walk, the subway can take you almost anywhere you want to go, whether it be a concert hall, a museum, a church, a zoo, or even one of the many spacious parks.
- Sedona, Arizona. The incredible red rocks of Sedona only add to the tons of other beautiful landscapes in this amazing city. Furthermore, the plethora of outdoor activities and blossoming wine industry capture the interest of even the most novice voyager. Looking for a bit of adventure? Try a canoe tour, or a vigorous hike up to the top of a mountain. No matter what your main interests are, Sedona, Arizona is a must-see for any female traveler!
See also: 11 Must-Have Apps to Plan Your Next Vacation