April 26, 2016
· 2.6k Views
I love Mexican food. It's probably one of my most favorite cuisines, and for some reason, I can't get enough Spanish rice and beans. But my love for Mexican food extends far beyond those basics, as the flavors and heat all make my tastebuds go crazy time and time again.
This is a list of appetizers, entrees, and desserts that you must make either for your guests or for yourself this Cinco de Mayo. You'll cry if you don't, but there's also probably no way you can look through this post and not salivate and promise yourself you'll make at least 10 of these recipes.
1. This cheesy, dippable goodness is how I want to eat chicken enchiladas from now on.
Find this Chicken Enchilada Dip at Closet Cooking.
2. This guacamole scores so high in my book.
Find Joe Montana's Touchdown Guacamole at Jo Cooks.
3. Just saying ooey, gooey cheese makes my mouth water.
Find this Skillet Black Bean Queso at Peas and Crayons.
4. Fajitas in a pan are so last year. This time around, it's all about handy quesadilla form!
Find this Chicken Fajita Quesadilla at Jo Cooks.
5. Mexican dishes are known for their spice, and these stuffed poblano peppers are no exception.
Find these Chorizo-Stuffed Poblano Peppers at Host the Toast.
6. When a picture is too good for words.
Find these BBQ Margarita Chicken Tostadas with Sweet Jalapeno Margarita Salsa at Half Baked Harvest.
7. These taquitos are baked and not fried so feel free to indulge in 5 or 20.
Find these Baked Green Chile Chicken Taquitos at Recipe Runner.
8. I can talk about eloté for days. I love corn, and when mixed with Mexican flavors, there is little that is better in the world.
Find these Mexican Street Corn Nachos at Closet Cooking.
9. My keyboard is covered in drool.
Find this Smothered Baked Chicken Burrito at Carlsbad Cravings.
10. Bite-sized tortilla cups that I will consume at an unhealthy, abnormal rate.
Find these Tequila Lime Shrimp Taco Bites at Recipe Runner.
11. Cinco de Mayo falls on a Thursday, so... Taco Thursdays?
Find these Crock Pot Carnitas Tacos with Chipotle Cream at Host the Toast.
12. Imagine a massive heap of chicken tamales in a casserole, and then be thankful that someone wrote a recipe for it.
Find this Chicken Tamale Casserole at Jo Cooks.
13. Um, yes. A thousand times yes.
Find these Tijuana Street Fries at Half Baked Harvest.
14. When the sight of a chimichanga makes you ecstatic about life.
Find this Beef Chimichanga recipe at Spicy Southern Kitchen.
15. These are COOKIES. I repeat, COOKIES.
Find the recipe and tutorial for this DIY Sugar Cookie Taco Bar at Alana Jones Mann.
16. Just when I thought nothing could beat a basic vanilla cream puff... This is a churro cream puff, ladies and gentlemen.
Find these Churro Cream Puffs at Cooking Classy.
17. Okay, adults only! But adults, wow. You will be wowed.
Find these Tequila Orange Truffles at Wicked Spatula.
18. Have you ever had Choco Tacos from the ice cream truck? The ultimate throwback.
Find these Mini Choco Tacos at Spoon Fork Bacon.
19. First of all, these are already stinkin' cute. Second of all, they get even cuter when you open the sombrero. STOP.
Find these Sombrero Pinata Cookies at Tablespoon.
20. I thought Taco Bell's Caramel Apple Empanadas were good. These are on a whole new level.
Find these Dulce de Leche Churro Empanadas at Cafe Delites.
If you're not ready to whip up all these delicious dishes in the kitchen, don't worry. DealsPlus has a ton of great deals at Mexican-inspired restaurants. Happy Cinco de Mayo!