December 25, 2016
· 1k Views
Let me set the scene for you. It’s Christmas (or Christmas-adjacent) and you walk into your living room. The smell of pine trees lingers. You look to your right and you see a Christmas tree, glittering like a jewel; it’s bright and merry and coated with ornaments and tinsel and lights! There are half eaten cookies set out on the table. Gifts pile up in front of the tree, an array of wrapping papers with red, green and silver bows. The stillness surrounds you and some small piece of your heart returns to some familiar place. It’s like you are kid all over again.
*All gifs are from GIPHY.com
For Christmas-a-holics like me, this time of the year is magical. It’s hard to be in a bad mood when the Christmas season is fully underway. Maybe it’s the Christmas lights in every store, maybe it’s the peppermint mocha lattes, maybe it’s that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you think of the perfect gift for a loved one. WHO KNOWS. But it is glorious and that’s a fact.
So to celebrate the occasion, here’s my very unofficial, deeply biased but hopefully relatable list of the the most iconic moments Christmas season. Put your Santa hat on, get your hot chocolate in hand and get yourself ready to be merry as can be!
20 Christmas-o-holic Moments to Remember
1. That magical feeling you get when you see a highly convincing mall Santa.
2. Watching your pets be alternately intrigued, terrified and astounded by your Christmas tree.
3. Trying to figure out how many reindeer names you remember.
4. Carefully picking out your Christmas wardrobe.
5. Complaining about Christmas music but lowkey loving it.
6. Agonizing over which wrapping paper to use. Then coordinating the paper, the bow and the card (oh yes).
7. Diligently making the list of all the people you need to buy gifts for.
8. The struggle of trying to untangle the Christmas lights.
9. Buying corny Christmas-themed accessories to spruce up your wardrobe (Christmas socks! Christmas earrings! Christmas pin!) and being pleased when someone notices it.
10. Practicing your “excited” face for when you have to open up gifts that aren’t up to par.
11. Trying to figure out the most effective way to eat a candy cane. Deciding there is none so YOLO.
12. Being disappointed when it doesn’t snow on Christmas (no matter where your live).
13. Shaking your presents to “guess what’s in it.”
14. Working too hard on your Secret Santa gift. Also, trying to figure out who has you!
15. Trying to curl a ribbon with scissors and failing miserably.
16. Trying to do Pinterest decorations or food projects, then inevitably failing miserably.
17. Seeing pets in little sweaters and Christmas clothes.
18. The joy of decorating your Christmas tree and turning it into a beautiful, Christmas-afied work of ART.
19. Drinking a little too much eggnog at the Christmas party.
20. Getting the feels after you up early Christmas morning to sneak out and see the gifts all set up.
Merry Christmas to all your fellow Christmas-a-holics! Enjoy your day and don’t worry, Santa (and Christmas) will be back next year.