Amazon Prime members know how advantageous it is to have all the perks that come with your Prime account. In addition to free 2-day shipping, you get movies, music, grocery delivery, and more. If you didn't already know, you can share select Amazon Prime benefits with family, friends, roommates, or any adult in your household by adding them to your account. Make sure they have their own Amazon account to be added!
1. Visit Amazon.com and hover over the Prime drop-down menu at the top right corner.
2. Click "Explore all your Prime benefits" on the bottom left of the drop-down menu.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you'll find the "Share Your Prime" option (it's at the end of the first column for me).
4. As the Amazon Prime member, you will have to sign into your account. Then the individual whom you want to add will be asked to sign into his/her Amazon account.
5. Upon signing in, both the current Amazon Prime member and the new addition will need to confirm agreement of shared payment information. This is a mandatory agreement if you wish to share the Prime benefits. Click "Create Household" to agree.
6. Once created, you will be able to choose what you share when it comes to apps, games, ebooks, and audiobooks.
7. The final page will let you facilitate more sharing options, and you can also add children to your Prime account (4 children maximum). You're all done!
Note that if the any Prime additions leave your household, they won't be able to join a new household account for 180 days. What do you think of sharing your Prime benefits? I think it'll be beneficial to those who love Prime perks but are interested in splitting the cost among housemates. Let us know what you think in the comments below!