Hey, deal hunters! Just a few more days to go before we bid 2016 goodbye and say hello to 2017. Wow, time sure flies right? Whatever your financial, budgeting or shopping goals were this year, we hope you achieved it with money to spare (or put away for a rainy day ahem). Looking back on our posts in 2016, here are some that were definite stand-outs.
1. Netflix Gets Exclusive Rights to Stream Disney, Marvel & Pixar Movies
This was a big win for all Netflix fans! Some Disney and Marvel movies like Captain American: Civil War, The Jungle Book and Zootopia are already available to stream with more to come.
2. Target to Refund Over $90 Million for Selling Fake Sheets
For those that did purchase these sheets, we hope you received your refund!
3. Hulu's New Live Streaming Is a Game Changer
Coming soon to Hulu is their live streaming service which they have established deals with major networks like Fox's news, Disney and ESPN. Those tuning into their live streaming, which will launch in 2017, will also have access to Time Warner networks like TNT, TBS, CNN, Cartoon Network and more!
4. Costco's New Credit Card is Better than Your Old One
Costco's partnership with Citi went live this past year and it did not go well. The card itself has plenty of great benefits... if you were able to use yours. Many complaints were made by Costco shoppers about the inability to activate their Citi card. Costco's solution? You can now use any Visa card when shopping at any of the clubhouse locations.
5. 13 Things You Should ALWAYS Buy at Costco
How to make good use of your Costco membership 101.
6. Hulu Free Streaming is Coming to an End
You now have to head over to Yahoo View to access all of Hulu's former free streaming content but there's also 5 other legal and free streaming sites out there if you can't find the show or movie you want to watch!
7. 7 Major Changes That Will Make You Want To Shop At Walmart
Walmart worked on some neat updates to some of their locations this year to help make your shopping experience better. Have you spotted these new changes in stores yet?
8. Amazon Raises Free Shipping Threshold to $49
9. Target Updates Coupon Policy: Here Are The Most Important Changes
Avoid any coupon mishaps at the register, take a look at their updated policies!
10. Amazon to Eliminate List Prices and Here's How You Can Track Deal Prices
This is also a win for Amazon shoppers, don't be fooled by list prices and do your price comparison before you buy.
1. Netflix is Hiding Something from You: Hidden Categories?
Here's an easier way to find exactly what you want to watch on Netflix.
2. Chipotle Free Burrito Coupons are Back Again
They handed out a lot of free food this year. A lot.
3. 20 IKEA Shopping Hacks Everyone Should Know
Everything from missing parts, IKEA offers, membership rewards and spotty wi-fi, we'll give you a few pointers.
4. How to Shop at Costco Without a Membership
If you need to buy a few things in bulk at Costco but don't want to shell out the dough for the membership fee, there are a few ways you can go about this.
5. 15 Amazon Prime Perks You Probably Didn't Know About
There's more to Amazon Prime then their unlimited free 2-day shipping (though that's a huge perk)!
6. Macy's, Walmart, and Other Major Retailers Are Closing Stores Everywhere
Tons of department retailers began shuttering locations this year following the rising trend of online shopping.
7. Netflix is Raising Prices in May, And People Are Not Happy
8. McDonald's All-You-Can-Eat Fries and Self-Serve Kiosks is Here!
The Bolton News UK
Leading fast food chain McDonald's now have self-serve kiosks in select locations in a few countries, have you used one?
9. JCPenney to Start Selling Items for 1¢
JCPenney launched a new promotion this year known as Penny Days deals which run a once or twice per month. You can follow all JCPenney promotions, coupons and discount offers on our JCPenney page and maximize your savings at checkout!
10. Sam's Club Eliminates Check Out Lines With This New App
This year, Sam's Club introduced a new app where you don't even have to head to the register to pay for your items. Just scan your items on the app, pay via mobile and show your e-receipt to a team member on the way out. How cool is that?!