October 19, 2015
· 1.9k Views
(Jamie is a guest blogger from Jamie Cooks It Up!)
Perfect for fall, these Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies are sweet, crunchy and loaded with the fragrant spices found in pumpkin pie. Melted butterscotch chips are drizzled over the top, sending them right over the edge of wonderful. You can prepare them in about 20 minutes which makes this an all around fabulous, quick treat your family is sure enjoy. Be warned, they are addicting!
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 cups
5 C Rice Chex Cereal
1 C powdered sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
3/4 C butterscotch chips
1 tsp shortening
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. Make sure not to lick the spoon or let any liquid find its way into the bowl. White chocolate tends to harden up when this happens. When the chocolate it mostly melted, give it a stir and let it sit for 2-3 minutes to allow all of it to melt. Pour it over the top of the cereal, stirring well to be sure all of the cereal gets covered with chocolate.
- Immediately pour the cereal into the bag containing the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Shake the bag, so that all of the cereal gets covered thoroughly.
- Pour the covered cereal onto a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl, in 30 second increments, stirring after each one. Add the shortening and allow it to melt.
- Drizzle the butterscotch chips over the top of the cereal and allow it to set up. Should only take about 20 minutes. Pop the pan into the fridge if you want it to set more quickly.