Despite the old adage, there is such thing as a free lunch – if you know when and where to take your kids. If you have children, you know how expensive it can be to feed them. So if you knew where they could eat for free in your neighborhood, you’d probably take advantage of that information, right? Most definitely!
There are dozens of nationwide restaurant chains as well as smaller local restaurants that allow kids to eat free on certain days and times. If you’re looking to feed your family for less, it’s possible with this handy list of restaurants along with the specific deals they offer children. Make sure you meet all the requirements and you can score some free grub! Note that a purchase (typically an adult meal) is required for almost all of these offers, so prepare to fork out some dough in order to get a free meal.
Note that not all of these restaurants are nationwide, so you may be unfamiliar with many of them. Also, not all locations participate in certain offers, or they may offer them on days different from the ones listed here. When in doubt, call ahead so you won’t drive all the way across town only to be disappointed that you have to pay full price. The offers below are organized by day of the week so you can better plan your meals – and savings.
1. Arriba Mexican Grill offers free meals for kids all day on Sundays. You get one free kid’s meal per adult meal.
2. Cici’s Pizza allows children under age 3 to eat free every day.
3. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit also lets kids eat free all day on Sundays. Even drinks are on the house!
4. Hooters lets kids eat free on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
5. Shoney’s lets kids under age 4 eat for free every day, as long as an adult entrée is purchased.
6. IHOP offers one free kid’s meal for every paying adult between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. every day of the week. Kids must be under age 12.
7. Carrow’s offers a free kid’s meal after 4 p.m. for each paying adult. This offer is good Monday-Friday.
8. Golden Corral allows kids age 10 and under to eat free between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Mondays. You get two free kid’s meals for each paying adult.
9. Fuddruckers offers free food for kids on Mondays between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
10. Red Robin allows kids age 10 and under to eat free on Mondays.
11. TGIFriday’s offers free meals for kids on Mondays and Tuesdays.
12. Locos Grill and Pub offers free meals for kids with the purchase of an adult meal.
13. Texas Roadhouse lets kids under age 12 eat for free on Mondays or Tuesdays, depending on the location.
14. Applebee’s in some areas offer free meals for kids on Tuesdays, although in some areas it may be Monday or Wednesday or not at all. Be sure to check your local Applebee’s, as each one is different.
15. Bob Evans offers free meals for kids after 4 p.m. on Tuesdays. You get one free meal per adult meal.
16. Back Yard Burgers offers a free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult combo meal.
17. Pizza Hut lets kids eat free all day on Tuesdays.
18. Godfather’s Pizza allows kids age 10 and under to eat from the buffet for free between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesdays.
19. Denny’s offers free kid’s meals every Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Two free meals are offered for every paying adult.
20. Coco’s Restaurant & Bakery lets kids age 10 and under eat for free on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Each paid adult meal equals one free kid’s meal.
21. Ruby’s Diner offers free kid’s meals for kids under age 10 after 4 p.m. on Tuesdays. An adult meal must be purchased for each free kid’s meal.
22. Damon’s Grill allows children to eat free all day on Wednesdays. Offer is limited to one free kid’s meal per paying adult.
23. Firehouse Subs lets kids eat free on Wednesdays. Each adult combo meal equals one free kid’s meal.
24. Zarda BBQ – Kids eat free all day long on Wednesdays.
25. Qdoba Mexican Grill - Kids eat free all day long on Wednesdays.
26. C.B. & Potts Restaurant & Bakery – Kids eat free on Thursdays.
27. The Chartroose Caboose offers free kid’s meals on Thursdays when you purchase an adult meal of $8 or more.
28. Cici’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, Shoney’s, IHOP and Carrows offer free food on Fridays as well as other days of the week. See above for more information.
29. Marie Callender’s offers one free kid’s meal for every adult meal purchased.
30. Steak n’ Shake offers one free kid’s combo when you purchase an adult entrée totaling $9 or more (excluding drink).
31. Texas Land & Cattle lets kids age 12 and under eat free between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. You get two free kid’s meals for every adult meal purchased.
As you can see, there are free offerings every day of the week. Coordinate your lunch or dinner schedule wisely and your child can score free food every day. Considering that it costs $50-$75 to feed one child each week, that’s significant savings if you can plan your meal schedule around your local restaurants’ free offers.