August 30, 2017
· 3.5k Views
Being out on your own for the first time is rough. If you’re going away for college, you’ll likely be living in a dorm room or apartment. You’ll have to get a job, but you won’t have much time to work between classes, homework and extracurricular activities. That leaves you with very little income.
When money’s tight, you have to find ways to stretch your dollar as far as it’ll go. That means looking for discounts wherever you shop. School is about ready to start again – if it hasn’t already – and that means spending money on textbooks, supplies and other essentials. Lucky for you, we’ve found more than 100 stores that offer a student discount with savings of up to 15% off or exclusive coupons just for those with student ids or a college email address. You probably already shop at these stores, so make sure to ask for your student discount next time!
Best Student Discounts and Deals
Multi-Retailer Student Discount Sites
Sign up with your .edu email to any of these student discount sites and you'll get instant access to student-only coupon codes for popular retailers like Urban Outfitters, TopShop, adidas, and much more. Exclusively for students only! (You won't want to miss these savings, trust me).
- UNiDAYS: Sign up and get access to instant coupon code discounts for popular retailers--save an extra 10-25% off or more!
- StudentBeans: Save up to an extra 25% off from brands like PacSun, TopShop, Showpo, and more.
- Student Advantage Card: Save up to 50% off from over 30 retailers with one card.
- Amazon: Free two-day shipping for students for six months, plus discounts on Prime membership. All students gets 50% off Prime membership after your free trial expires.
- Discount Dance Supply: If you’re a dance student, shop here for your shoes and leotards and get 10% off your first order.
- FedEx Office: Get 20% off shipping services and 30% off documents.
- Ben Franklin Crafts: Shop on Tuesdays and get 10% off your order with valid student ID.
- Hancock Fabrics: 10% off supplies purchased in-store for a school project.
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: Register with the Jo-Ann Student Discount Program and save 10% on all purchases. You’ll also receive two special coupons. Students age 14 and older qualify for this discount, so high school students are eligible.
Apparel, Shoes & Accessories
- American Eagle: Save 10% off all online orders when you sign up for UniDAYS. The 10% student discount is valid at American Eagle UK as well.
- American Apparel: 25% off purchases made online or in-store when you verify through UNiDAYS.
- Ann Taylor: 15% off full-priced items.
- Alex & Ani: 10% off discounts with valid student id.
- ASOS: ASOS also offers discounts through Student Rate. Use it to get free shipping on your order.
- Banana Republic: 15% off full-priced items.
- Boohoo: 40% off when you verify through UNiDAYS.
- Charlotte Russe: Get 10% off at participating locations.
- Club Monaco: Get a 20% discount online or in-store.
- Dockers: Get a 20% off student discount when you register online via UNiDAYS.
- Eastern Mountain Sports: Get 20% off full-priced sports gear when you shop in-store.
- Eddie Bauer: Each location offers an education discount. It varies by store, so inquire at your closest location.
- Goodwill: Each location has its own student discount program, where you can save 10-50% on certain days. Visit your local store for details.
- Levi’s: 15% off online orders when you verify your student status through UNiDAYS. Click here to learn more about this program, as many merchants use this service.
- The Limited: 15% off in-store purchases.
- Kate Spade: Score a 15% discount by showing your student ID.
- J.Crew: 15% off in-store purchases.
- Juicy Couture: Save 10% with student ID.
- Madewell: 15% off purchases made in-store.
- Necessary Clothing: Get 20% off online purchases of $100 or more.
- Oasis: Become a Student Rate member and receive 20% off your purchase.
- Sam's Club: Free $25 eGift card when you join with UNiDAYS.
- TOMS: Receive free shipping on all orders.
- Topshop: Get 10% off all purchases made online and in-store.
- Ralph Lauren Rugby: Save 15% when you shop in-store or online.
Books & Magazines
- The Economist: With an International Student Identity Card, you’ll receive free gifts as well as up to 69% in savings.
- The Wall Street Journal: Students can receive up to 75% off print and mobile subscriptions.
- The New York Times: College students receive a special rate of 99 cents for four weeks. After that, they’ll get 50% off the regular rate.
- Guilford Press: Full-time college students receive 40% off and free shipping on books, journals, newsletters and videos
- Don't forget to check with your school as newspaper and magazine subscriptions may be accessed for free via your school's library.
- Amazon: Up to 90% off textbooks for rent, buy or sell. Trade in your old textbooks for Amazon gift cards!
- Big Words: One of the top textbook comparison sites out there that will get you the guaranteed best low prices for all your textbook needs.
- Facebook: Word of advice, search and join some college groups on Facebook and reach out if you need a deal or exchange on any textbooks.
- Student2Student: Textbook exchange site that takes place on your own campus!
- Read on about our top 10 tips to getting free or cheap textbooks!
Furniture & Home Items
- Overstock: You can get a free Club O Gold membership if you’re a student who’s been verified through the website ID.me.
- West Elm: 15% off your purchase with valid ID.
- Pottery Barn: Save 15% when you show your student ID or provide proof of a .edu college email address.
- IKEA: They don't have a student discount program but they do have a free loyalty program that will keep you in the loop for discounts and promotions.
Electronics & Technology
- Sprint: You may be able to receive discounted cell phone service. Go to Sprint’s website, enter your school email address and see if you qualify.
- AT&T: Validate your email address on AT&T’s website and you’ll receive discounts on cell phones and services.
- Verizon: Use your school email to receive discounts on cell phones and service.
- T-Mobile: Students can receive up to $60 off certain devices.
- Apple: Receive education discounts, even if you’ve just been accepted to college. You can get up to $200 off a new Mac.
- HP: The computer company offers a program called HP Academy. Students can create custom PCs at discounted prices.
- Dell: Dell University offers special education packages and discounts for students.
- Sony: The Sony Education Store offers up to 10% off for college students.
- Lenovo: Go to Lenovo’s website and find your school. You’ll be given offers and discounts on laptops.
- Microsoft: Enter your state and college and receive discounts on various software and devices.
- Fujitsu: You can score a 5% discount on select notebooks and tablets. In order to receive the discount, you must call in your order.
- Adobe: Save big on software, like Acrobat and Creative Suite, when you buy the student editions. You can also get 60% off Creative Cloud subscriptions when you provide a school email address.
- Best Buy: Sign up for College Student Deals to receive various discounts.
- Autodesk: Students receive free software licenses for various titles.
- Western Digital: Use your school email address to receive a 20% discount.
- Ableton: Ableton offers editing services for a 40% discount.
- Logitech: Get 30% off all online purchases when you use your International Student Identity Card.
- Trustive: Use your International Student Identity Card to get 50% off wireless Internet access.
- B&H Photo Video: Through the student discount program B&H EDU Advantage, college students can get discounts on thousands of photo and video equipment.
- JourneyEd: Score discounts on academic software.
- Das Keyboard: Get 20% off a new keyboard, plus get accessories at special pricing.
- Norton: You can save up to 50% on anti-virus software and keep your computers protected.
- Kinleaves: Use your International Student Identity Card to get 20% off gadget skins and free shipping to anywhere in the world.
Restaurants and Cafe Discounts
- Museums: Most museums offer discounts and even free admission.
- Regal Cinemas: Get $1 off regular movies on Mondays through Thursdays.
- AMC Theaters: Get $1 off regular movies on Thursdays.
- Cinemark Theaters: Use your student ID to receive discounts.
- The Met: Get discounted tickets for the opera in New York City.
- Sporting events: Your local sports team may offer discounted tickets for students.
- State Farm: Get up to 25% off car insurance for getting good grades. These discounts continue until age 25, even if you’ve already graduated from college by then.
- Geico: If you’re under 25 years old, you can get up to $200 off car insurance for maintaining at least a B average.
- Esurance: Esurance offers a 10% discount for college students who maintain a B average.
- Allstate: Save up to 25% on insurance.
- Nationwide Insurance: You can receive a Good Student Discount if you maintain a B average.
- Travelers Insurance: Traveler’s Insurance also offers a Good Student Discount if you maintain a B average.
Student Discounts for Travel & Transportation
- Amtrak: A 15% discount is available for students ages 13-25.
- Eurail: Get 35% off adult pricing.
- Greyhound: Get 20% off unrestricted tickets.
- Rail Europe: Get a discounted rate if you're between 16-25 years old
- STA Travel: Receive special pricing on travel.
- Coach USA: Join their Student Travel Club for special discounts.
- HolidayCars.com: Use your International Student Identity Card to get 10% off.
- Zipcar: The company offers discounted memberships to students.
- Penske Truck Rental: Get 10% off your move.
- Budget Truck Rental: Get up to 20% off your move with promo code TRUKU.
- General Motors: The car company offers special pricing on select vehicles.
- Choice Hotels: Get 15% off your stay.
- StudentUniverse: Get special student pricing on your travel needs.
Other Places to Save
- Raise: Buy or sell gift cards and save on your next shopping spree.
- Sally Beauty Supply: Get your Beauty Student Card and save big.
- WordsRU: By using your International Student Identity Card, you can get 10% off editing jobs.
- Jiffy Lube: Show your student ID to get $10 off or 10% off, depending on the location.
- CollegeBudget: This daily deals site offers huge discounts on clothing, electronics and other stuff you regularly buy. Click here to check it out.
- Medelita: If you’re a medical student, you’ll enjoy the 25% savings on scrubs, lab coats and more.
- CorePower Yoga: Get special pricing on yoga classes.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Receive special student pricing.
Everybody loves a good discount, whether you’re currently in college or have been out of school for decades. You pay good money for college tuition – now it’s time to reap the benefits with some awesome savings on back to school shopping. So grab your student ID and go shopping for school supplies, clothing, computers and whatever else you’ll need to start off the school year right.