December 01, 2016
· 3.3k Views
It’s never easy to find a gift for the woman in your life that literally gave you life - and many times even everything thereafter! Our mothers deserve more than just a cute greeting card on Christmas, and let’s face it, we’re getting a little too old for good old-fashioned, homemade coupon books. Although it’s definitely not all about material things, it is about well thought out, meaningful gifts to show how much our mom’s are appreciated. Take a look at this list of some homerun gifts to give your mom this year.
Get mom (or the maternal figure in your life - we love all moms!) all the gifts and more below and save by visiting our store pages for Kohl's, Amazon, Target, Macy's, DSW, and Etsy.
- iPhone Charging Dock. If you and mom don’t see each other as much as you’d like, due to schedules or distance or whatever else, how about getting her a gift that helps deal with this issue. The new iPhone charging stand works both as a mount for her iPhone for Facetime chat sessions and doubles as a phone charger. No more short calls due to low battery, and lots more Facetime sessions! Double whammy! Get the Apple iPhone Lightning Dock ($39.00) from Kohl's.
- Amazon Echo. While moms seem to do absolutely everything, not even they know all the answers to everything. BUT, the Amazon Echo can certainly help with this! Not only can mom control the volume of the music she’s playing while cleaning the house, but she can also ask it almost anything and get the answer to it immediately. She can even set reminders with the Amazon Echo so she’s never late for anything! Get the Amazon Echo ($179.99) from Amazon.
- Daily Planner. Most moms are super busy - we know this. They have about 1,000 things to do every single day and often times, things can be forgotten. Help mom out by getting her a daily planner this year, where she can record anything and everything she needs to remember in it - birthdays, appointments, grocery lists, meetings, phone calls, what have you - and keep it with her at all times. If you find a pocket-size one, she can even keep it right in her purse! Customize an Monthly Planner (starting at $55.00) at Erin Condren.
- A Throw Blanket. Whether for decoration or comfort, a throw blanket is a nice, thoughtful gift for mom. You can find one that matches her living room scheme, or just a super comfy one to keep her warm while sitting on the couch watching her guilty pleasure shows or reading her favorite book. Finding the perfect throw for mom is a simple idea, but really shows her how well you know her. Get this Threshold Sweater Knit Blanket (starting at $39.99) from Target.
- Tea Infuser. If your mom is one of the many tea enthusiasts out there, a tea infuser is a perfect Christmas gift for her. While any tea infuser is sure to be appreciated, there are many upscale infusers out this year - even ones that include 24-karat gold embellishments and fully customizable monograms and engravings! Just throw in some of her favorite tea and you’ve got a great gift for mom! Get this Fred & Friends Mr. Tea Silicone Tea Infuser ($7.99) from Amazon.
- No-Slip Yoga Mat. Your mom deserves more than a folded up blanket or towel on the living room floor when she does her daily yoga. So let her know this! Get her the one of the best non-slip yoga mats you can find. If you’re not sure what this entails, the best ones generally have silicon dots that grip the floor and keep it in place, and they are typically more plush than some of the other versions. Get the Aurorae Classic Thick 6mm Yoga Mat with No Slip Rosin ($35.00) from Amazon.
- High Thread Count Bed Sheets. She tucked you into bed every night as a child, and now it’s time for you to tuck her in. Okay, well maybe not literally, but you can at least make sure she’s comfortable when she goes to bed like she used to do for you. One way to do this is to make sure she has some nice, comfy sheets to lay down on. Keep in mind: the higher the thread count, the softer the fabric. Also, make sure the material is both breathable and comfortable. Get these Hotel Collection European Collection 600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheets (starting at $60.99) from Macy's.
- Comfy Slippers. After being on her feet all the time, mom could use something soft and comfortable on to slip on at the end of the day, don’t you think? You’d be surprised by how much a mom can appreciate a good pair of sturdy, comfortable slippers from their child. It’s the little things. Get these UGG Australia Aira Serape Slide Slipper ($59.95) from DSW.
- Handwritten Jewelry. Engraved jewelry is nothing new, but having your own handwriting engraved into a piece of jewelry is definitely one of the most perfect sentimental gifts for mom this year. One place to get something like this done is via the bigEjewelry on Etsy. Here, you can customize necklaces, bracelets, earrings, keychains, brooches - anything engravable, really. No matter you choose to give her and no matter what you choose to say on it, your mom will love seeing the script in her child’s own handwriting! Get this Handwritten Necklace with Button Charm from CentimeGift (starting at $55.00) on Etsy.
- Amazon Gift Card. For the mom who seems to already have everything she could ever want or need - or perhaps she’s just too picky to shop for - maybe you should just let her pick out her own gift. And what better way to do this than with an Amazon gift card. You can seriously never go wrong with an Amazon gift card, as it literally gives her millions of options to choose from! Click here to browse Amazon Gift Cards.
Mom’s give us so much over the years and it’s important that we show them how much they’re truly appreciated. Hopefully some of these ideas will be the perfect gift(s) for your mom, to show her how much you love and appreciate her.