August 12, 2016
· 2.8k Views
We all need shoes, but many of us don’t care what kind we get or where we get them. The sale pair at the local Walmart may do. But to many people, the type of sneakers they purchase is very important. High-end athletic shoes are big business for stores such as Foot Locker. It’s nothing for some sports fanatics to spend a couple hundred dollars on the new pair of Nike or Adidas shoes created by basketball stars. Many people will track a shoe’s launch and wait in line just to get a pair of shoes – it’s crazy!
If shoes are your thing, you’ll want to know how to use Foot Locker to your advantage so you can own the hottest releases in the sneaker world. Use these tips to help you make the most of your next Foot Locker shopping trip, whether it’s in-store or online.
Of course, the smartest and easiest way to save at Foot Locker is by subscribing to our Foot Locker emails. We'll always give you the latest information about sales and coupons galore! You should also check out Nike, Adidas, and 6PM for more sneaker deals.
- Become a VIP. If you shop at Foot Locker frequently, you’ll want to sign up for VIP membership. It’s free to join and you instantly receive access to unlocked portions of the Foot Locker website. By signing up, you’ll receive a birthday offer and free perks throughout the year. You’ll also receive $10 off your next purchase of $50 or more. If you spend $300 or more in one year, you’ll automatically be upgraded to platinum status. You’ll receive a special welcome offer, as well as a $10 reward card when you spend $100 in one visit, $15 reward card when you spend $150 in one visit and $20 reward card when you spend $200 in one visit.
- Download the app. The Foot Locker app offers the Launch Locator feature, which allows you to conveniently reserve new sneakers from your mobile device without the hassle of waiting in line. Each store has its own procedures for making reservations, so you’ll be able to view the instructions before completing the reservation. You can then view how much longer you’ll have to wait until you can pick up your new shoes with the My Countdowns feature.
- Check out the release calendar. Not sure when your new kicks will be available? Check out the release calendar and you’ll be able to find out. It’s displayed in chronological order. You can search three months at a time and filter by brand. Or you can shop the New Arrivals section. Foot Locker has more than just shoes. You can shop clothing and accessories as well, making the store a one-stop shop for all your fashion needs. This is especially useful with a new school year on its way. These trendy duds will make you the best-dressed student at school.
Related news: Best Places to Buy Nike Products
- Shop the Sale section. Save big on cool sneakers and clothing found in this section. Many shoes are up to $40 off. There are nearly 400 pages of deals, so take a look and get your back-to-school wardrobe all in one place – for less.
- Make use of the search functions. In the search box, you can type in a product number or keyword. You can also search by brand or sport. So whether you’re looking for a specific shoe or some general items, Foot Locker’s website allows you to search and shop your way.
- Get updates via text. Text RELEASE to 562-537 and you’ll receive text notifications of upcoming shoe releases.
- Sign up for emails. You’ll receive special offers as well as information about exclusive sales when you sign up for emails. Just enter your email address on the bottom of the homepage.
Source: Oracle Blog
- Use a promo code. The homepage of Foot Locker often promotes a code that can be used at checkout. This code may offer free shipping, a percent off a minimum amount or a dollar amount off your purchase. This code can save you money, so don’t forget to use it if your purchase qualifies – and although some restrictions apply, most sneaker purchases are eligible.
You can also visit DealsPlus for Foot Locker promo codes!
- Buy a gift card. If you’re looking for a gift for a sneaker aficionado and you don’t know which shoes he wants, your best bet is to get a gift card. Foot Locker gift cards never expire and there are never any fees. You can have them shipped to the recipient or delivered via email for free. Gift cards can be used online, in store, via mobile device, or with phone orders. They come in denominations ranging from $10 to $500. A gift card saves the recipient the hassle of returning the shoes if the recipient doesn’t like them or if the shoes don’t fit.
Related news: How Using Gift Cards Can Save You Hundreds
Foot Locker is a great place to find sneakers inspired by your favorite sports stars. With the tips above, you can get the hottest shoes at the best prices. So check out the release calendar and find out when and how to get your hands on the new Steph Curry or Michael Jordan kicks before they sell out.