As a part of Walmart’s latest grocery delivery expansion service, they have partnered with on-demand car ride services Uber, Lyft and Deliv.
“We’ve been working on convenient new ways to make shopping easier for our busy customers and members.” - Walmart
Walmart is steadily expanding their online grocery delivery service to more customers and you can follow the footprint of their expansion below:
In their official announcement, Walmart will begin a test of deliveries with Uber and Lyft around June 20th in Denver and other select locations. For those who don’t know, Walmart’s warehouse branch, Sam’s Club, already partnered up with on-demand delivery startup, Deliv, for same day delivery service.
1. Head over to Walmart online grocery service portal.
2. If you’re located in one of the test delivery service area, you can order all your groceries online and select a delivery window.
3. Walmart personal shoppers will select, bag up all your items and then request a driver from Uber, Lyft or Deliv to deliver the items to your door step.
4. You pay the average $7 - $10 delivery fee online and no need to make any additional payments to the driver.
5. Walmart will notify you what driver/service is delivering your order so you can keep an eye out for them.
This process applies to Sam’s Club delivery partnership with Deliv too!
This is one of their newest way to easily expand their online grocery delivery service in competing with other major retail venues like Target and Amazon. Target partnered with curbside for drive by pick up and Instacart for same day delivery. Amazon is well known for their 2-day free shipping program and their Prime now program is even faster, offering free same day delivery within 2 hours. Amazon Prime perks are some of the best around and they’ve since raised their membership fees and is now offering membership bundles for those who prefer to set up a monthly payment for their Prime membership.
Walmart venture into tech cater to customers rising need for on-demand services and put them head to head with competitors so we’re excited to see the outcomes of this new partnership. Additionally, Walmart also offers Walmart Pay so all shoppers can now easily pay with their Walmart app, for in-store purchases and keep their eReceipts on file in the app.
Are you a fan of this new team?
Keep up with more exciting retailers news and shop smarter with our related articles below!