[UPDATED July 10, 2017]
Prime Day 2017 is now LIVE! Shop Prime Day Deals at Amazon.com
When is Amazon Prime Day 2017?
Amazon announced today that Prime Day 2017 will take place on Tuesday, July 11, 2017. Promotional offers leading up to Prime Day will start today, June 29 at www.amazon.com/primeday. Deals include four months of millions of songs from Amazon Music Unlimited for just $0.99, free $10 credit to shop Prime Video, up to 40% savings on Kindle Unlimited and Audible, and up to 35% off everyday essentials from Prime Pantry.
Prime Day deals will commence July 10 at 6 PM PT/9 PM ET and continue all day on the official Prime Day, July 11. However, you can start watching deals on July 9. New this year is an extended Prime Day, meaning the event will last for 30 hours instead of the typical 24 hours so Prime members will have more time to shop and make their purchases. New deals will debut every 5 minutes for 30 hours straight. Prime members can also visit www.amazon.com/primeday to live-stream deals that will be revealed at the top of ever hour during peak shopping times as well as make purchases right then and there.
Of course, Prime Day prices are only offered to Amazon Prime members, so if you're interested in shopping this year's Prime Day deals, keep on reading. For more about Prime Day, take a look at all of the typical deals and savings on Prime Day on this Amazon Prime Day predictions post. Check out previews from previous years to get a taste of what to expect for Amazon Prime Day 2017:
What deals can I expect for Prime Day?
UPDATED JULY 10, 2017
In a new press release, Amazon is giving a sneak peak into Prime Day deals that start in just a few hours. Here are the best deals from each category:
Prime Day Deals (Spotlight Deals & Lightning Deals)
- Echo Dot,
- Amazon Echo,
- Best-selling tablet, Fire 7,
- Save $50 on August Smart Lock
- Big savings on Sony XB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones
- Save up to 50% on select video games, consoles, and gaming accessories and up to 40% on PC gaming laptops, desktops, and accessories
- 30% off on RepRap Guru 3D Printer
- Big savings on Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 + Digital HD (Blu-ray)
- Save 40-50% off on Prime Exclusive clothing, handbags, and more and up to 30% off on select apparel, shoes, and more for the whole family
- $100 off on Bissell Multi Reach Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Save 30% on select adidas clothing
- Save 25% on AmazonBasics - everything from outdoor gear to office essentials
- Get 20% back when you shop with your Amazon Prime credit card
- Save up to 50% on Amazon grocery goods, including Wickedly Prime and Happy Belly products
Shop TV deals at www.amazon.com/primedaytvdeals starting at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET on July 10th for Prime members. These offers will be available at various times throughout Prime Day.
Deals from Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Thousands of small business and entrepreneurs participate in Prime Day by offering rock-bottom prices that you can't find anywhere else. Many of the Lightning Deals shoppers will see come from this category.
Alexa Deals will be available to Prime members through Monday, July 17. However, offers will be constantly changing, so always ask Alexa first by saying, "Alexa, what are your Prime Day deals?"
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera, $99 by saying, "Alexa, order an Instax camera."
- Save 35% on Soylent Meal Replacement Drink, Cacao, 14-oz. bottles, 12-pack by saying, "Alexa, order Soylent."
- Shop with Alexa and receive a free 90-day trial of AmazonFresh for new and existing Prime members by saying, "Alexa, buy bananas (or any other grocery item) from Fresh."
Amazon Restaurants Deals
Prime members who reside in eligible restaurant delivery areas and make a qualifying Amazon or Prime Now purchase on Prime Day, July 11th, will receive a $5 off promo code to use towards their first five Amazon Restaurants orders. Each order must be $20 or more, and the service is currently available in more than 20 U.S. cities covering thousands of restaurants.
More Prime Day offers
As mentioned above, there will be days leading up to Prime Day that will be flooded with special deals and offers to build the anticipation for July 11th. Check out what you can expect in the days to come starting June 29th and the day of Prime Day:
- Alexa Deals: Shop with your Alexa-enabled devices such as the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, and Fire TV to score exclusive Alexa Prime Day voice deals. Save up to 50% on Alexa deals and get free $10 credit when you make your first Alexa-powered purchase. Alexa shoppers will also get early access to select Prime Day offers a complete two hours before everyone else, starting July 10th from 5 PM to 6 PM PST. Learn more here. Check out some of the Alexa deals you can score just by asking, "Alexa, what are you deals?":
- Save $50 on Bose Soundlink Bluetooth speaker III by saying, “Alexa, order Bose Soundlink three.”
- Save $20 on Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus 2nd Generation by saying, “Alexa, order Philips Lightstrip Plus.”
- Save $7 on Wemo Mini smart plug by saying, “Alexa, order Wemo Mini Smart Plug.”
- Save $6 on Greenies dog treats, original flavor, 27 oz. by saying, “Alexa, order Greenies dog treats.”
- Save 50% on Wickedly Prime Sweet n’ Cheesy Popcorn Mix by saying, “Alexa, order Sweet and Cheesy Popcorn.”
- Save 35% on Haribo Gummi Bear 12-pack by saying, “Alexa, order Haribo Gummi Bears.”
- Save 30% on Squatty Potty by saying, “Alexa, order Squatty Potty.”
- Prime Now: Shoppers in over 30 U.S. cities will be able to get their Prime Day deals delivered in lightning-fast speed with Prime Now. If this is your first time ordering via Prime Now, you can save $10 off your first order as well as $10 off your next order with the promo code 10PRIMEDAY. Prime members can shop plenty of summer essentials such as the popular Halo Top ice cream, La Croix sparkling water, fresh produce, Coppertone Sunscreen products, and even select varieties of wine, beer, and spirits for up to 25% off and get it delivered for free in just two hours. Select cities can shop these deals starting Saturday, July 8 through Prime Day on Tuesday, July 11. If you download the Prime Now app, you can find even more deals that can be delivered as quickly as one hour.
- Prime Video: Stream a Prime video on your TV for the first time on or by July 7 to get $10 to spend by Prime Day.
- Kindle Unlimited: Prime members can save up to 40% on Kindle Unlimited for access to over 1 million titles on any device, not just a Kindle. There are 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month memberships currently.
- Audible: Get 40% off your first 6 months of Audible, making it only $8.95. You save $36, and you can cancel anytime.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Enjoy Amazon Music Unlimited for just $0.99 for four months.
- Prime Pantry: Save up to 35% off with coupon savings on select everyday food items and household goods from Prime Pantry.
- Spotlight Deals: Spotlight Deals are popular items from top brands with some of the best major discounts that only last until the stock is gone. They have the most inventory, but they go fast. To find Spotlight Deals, go to "Shop All Deals" on Amazon.com or visit www.amazon.com/primeday. Note that deals that sell out on July 10th may return on July 11th, so stay on the lookout and add yourself to the waitlist if it is available.
- Lightning Deals: Lightning deals are limited in time and inventory. You can start watching them 24 hours ahead of time, and new Lightning Deals are offered every 5 minutes. A timer will be shown for each deal as well as a status bar indicating remaining availability. Again, find Lightning Deals through "Shop All Deals" on Amazon.com or visit www.amazon.com/primeday.
I'm new to this. What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day was first introduced on July 15, 2015 as a celebration of Amazon's 20th anniversary. Fast forward two years, and it has become such a successful shopping holiday for both Amazon buyers and sellers that is being compared to the success of Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Green Monday, and the like. As the name states, Amazon Prime Day is dedicated exclusively to Amazon Prime members, which is just another perk of the useful membership. Click here to learn more about Amazon Prime Day.
For 2017, shoppers will have more incentive to become an Amazon Prime member before the official launch of Prime Day 2017. Amazon has implemented new features to make shopping more personalized and easier than ever. With browsing options like watching deals by your specific interests, promotions that will be leading up to actual Prime Day, and even one-hour delivery on eligible offers via the Prime Now app, Prime Day 2017 is building up to become a new level of success in online shopping. Amazon has also made sure to include more Tier 1 deals and a larger inventory for Prime Day 2017, including more savings on their best-selling Amazon devices.
According to a press release by Amazon, Prime Day 2016 grew a significant amount since its first debut in July 2015. Orders by customers increased by 60% worldwide and more than 50% in the U.S. alone. Unsurprisingly, Prime Day 2016 boasted record sales for Amazon devices such as the Fire TV Stick, which was the best-selling Amazon device, and Kindle e-readers. Moreover, shoppers bought over two million toys, more than one million pairs of shoes, and almost 100,000 TVs last year.
How can I prepare for Prime Day 2017?
To get a limited Prime membership, you can either sign up for their 30-day free trial (only eligible for those who have never used Amazon Prime), or you can opt to purchase a Prime membership for just one month starting at $10.99/month. If you're a student, you can get a 6-month free trial, and for eligible EBT cardholders, get Prime for just $5.99/month. See all monthly payment options and Amazon Prime free trial here. Another option is to shop with a friend or family member with Prime and just pay them back!
There are also several ways you can shop smarter in regards to cash back on your purchases, saving extra interesting deals, and getting credit towards future Amazon purchases. Check them out:
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: Don’t forget to shop with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card to get 5% back on all your Amazon.com purchases. If you don't have a Rewards Visa Signature Card, don't worry. Shop with your Amazon Prime Reload card and earn 2% in rewards on debit spending.
- Amazon Assistant: We also recommend adding the Amazon Assistant extension to your browser to watch for Deals of the Day and stay updated with the statuses of your purchases. Amazon Assistant offers product comparisons and options to easily add products to your Registries or Lists. Additionally, you can add Deals of the Day to your Shopping List for easy access later on.
- Free Amazon app: Downloading the free Amazon app will also be beneficial in the days leading up to Prime Day because you can go to “Today’s Deals” > “Upcoming” to see all the deals that will be available in the next 24 hours. Selecting “Watch this Deal” on any item will signify the app to give you an alert when the deal starts. Deals are posted every 5 minutes and they may sell out, so these tips can make all the difference! To learn more about how to watch your deals, add items to your list, and track orders, visit Amazon.
- Alexa devices: Moreover, Prime members who are owners of Alexa-enabled devices like the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot get exclusive access to Alexa Prime Day voice savings. Right now, Prime members who make their first order via Alexa will get a free $10 Amazon credit to use towards their next purchase. Shop all Alexa deals here where you can save up to 50% on goods. If you don't have an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot yet, get one (or both!) now just in time for Prime Day with same-day delivery for qualifying cities.
We highly suggest keeping the Amazon Prime Day page bookmarked so you can easily refer back to their Prime Day landing page and access all offers and information there. In the days leading up to and the day of Prime Day, check out pages like Amazon Prime Now, Amazon Lightning Deals, and more to add items of interest to your Shopping List. Make note that you can start watching deals as early as July 9, and Prime Day deals go live at 6 PM PT/9 PM ET on July 10. Deals will be organized by Amazon's most popular shopping themes, and if a good is marked as "100% claimed," click "Join Waitlist" to receive notifications on your mobile device if the item becomes available again. Subscribe to our Amazon email alerts to stay in the know as well. Check out the Amazon Prime Day page at amazon.com/primeday for real-time updates and subscribe to the weekly Prime newsletter.