Are you a doctor? Because giving medical advice such as this really isnt a good idea.
To start it doesnt work (well it will over the course of months of continued use). Peroxide is used in minute amounts in OTC cleaners, pastes, mouthwashes. So to tell someone to use a 2 to 1 ratio with water is a really bad idea. It destroys the necessary bacteria in your mouth, causes black tongue, only covers up the problem as it bleaches the bacteria on your teeth not your teeth itsel, and being that it is an acid and antiseptic it will eat away at the lining of your mouth over time.
Acidbaby: You give idea for what you have tried. If you think its not good for you, then don't do it. Did you hear what lily-wow said?
Who dares wins. Its up to you my friend, and i am just sharing.
Have you heard a quote: "You should not follow your health book, you may die of misprint"
What I care about common sense. Why would you put a chemical such as this straight into your mouth? Some people also say to use straight chlorine bleach, so I guess if youre daring enough its all good if it works. Have you ever looked into any natural teeth whitening methods such as brushing with crushed strawberries? Rubbing banana peel on your teeth? Olive oil mixed with baking soda. They all work as well as peroxide and dont destroy your mouth.
Its not advice. Just saying its not a good idea to tell people to put a checmical in their mouths. There is a reason hospitals dont use H2O2 because it eats away healthy felsh as well as dead flesh. It kills necessary healthy bacteria. And well im not about putting something in my mouth that is capable of fueling a rocket.
As for the people who thumb down. WHy dont you join the conversation and explain?
"why would you put a chemical such as this straight into your mouth?"
hmmm, maybe because 3% hydrogen peroxide is already sold/marketed/fda-approved for oral use as a mouthwash/gargle..
"swish around in mouth for at least one minute, up to 4 times daily..."
lancescape (rep: 145) posted Dec 13, 2012
The FDA also approves of Lindane, Trilocarban, Suprane, Aspartame, Triclosan, Heparin, BPA............. Go ask any nurse or doctor at any hospital why they dont use H202, ask your dentist if he recommends you use H202 as a regular method to whiten your teeth. Even at 3% H202 is strong enough to burn your mouth and cause long term adverse effects. Maybe its just me but I dont want my tongue to look like . this. Which of course is caused by H202.
Very tempting. However, i do know someone who used peroxide on their teeth, left it on for too long, and you can actually see it destroyed her teeth. some of her teeth are darker than others. It actually took the enamal off of some of her teeth too and it almost looks like lines on her teeth. It's strange and hard to explain but I dont encourage this without talking to a dentist first!!
LisaNtom08 (rep: 1.6k) posted Feb 06, 2013
I agree with AcidBaby on this one. Hydrogen Peroxide could cause problems with dental work, you could have a reaction to it, it could harm your gums, etc. In a worse case you could thin out the enamel on your teeth. I know you meant well posting this but I wouldn't want the liability with that kind of advice. I've done a lot of lab work back in my grad days with neurological agents and I just can't imagine telling people to do this.
erick99 (rep: 335k) posted Feb 22, 2013
21 days ago
17 days ago
Jun 25, 2016
Nov 01, 2013
Jan 03, 2014
Jan 03, 2014
Jan 06, 2014
Jan 20, 2014
Apr 22, 2014
Feb 26, 2014